Martha L. Hansen
Attorney: Fitch, Johnson, Larson & Held, P.A.
- Representing employers and insurers in all aspects of workers’ compensation defense including depositions, written discovery, hearings, and appellate work.
- Trial and appellate experience including oral argument to the Workers’ Compensation Court of Appeals and written briefs to the Minnesota Supreme Court and the Labor and Industry Review Commission in Wisconsin.
- Specialization in defending asbestos-related disease cases, including mesothelioma, and other occupational disease cases in Minnesota.
Project Manager: Epic Systems Corporation
- Worked with physicians, nurses, and other medical professionals to implement electronic medical records in hospitals and clinics.
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, 2014 (magna cum laude)
- Transfer, Marquette University Law School, 2010-11
- B.S., Sociology, University of Iowa, 2010 (with honors)
Admission to Practice
- State of Minnesota, admitted 2014
- State of Wisconsin, admitted 2014
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Wisconsin Association of Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association (MDLA)
Publications and Presentations
- Medical Cannabis and Workers’ Compensation – FJLH Annual Seminar 2016 and subsequent individual client training
- Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Forms and Filing Deadlines
- Case law updates for Wisconsin and Minnesota at FJLH Annual Seminars and individual client seminars
- Named 2023 Rising Star by Minnesota Super Lawyers